Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Soap and Stuff

I have been badly neglecting this blog I know.  What can I say other than life has gotten in the way a bit.  I spent a busy Summer hanging with my kids, attending events, remodeling my home, and a little bit of soapmaking (although not a whole lot!).  I'm in full gear this week, and I have already made three batches of soap.  I plan to make more by the end of the week in preparation for the holiday season (yes, you heard me correctly, yikes!).  On yesterday's agenda was a remake of Birch Forest Goat Milk Soap, a remake of Spearmint Eucalyptus Shaving Soap, and Vanilla Fig Soap (a new one for the holidays).

Birch Forest got a bit of a make over, as did Spearmint Eucalyptus.  The Birch Forest bars are a bit bigger this time around.  This one is very popular with my customer base as well as my family members (men and women alike).  Spearmint Eucalyptus is also very popular, and although it is in a shaving puck, it can be used as everyday soap as well.

Birch Forest - Freshly cut
Spearmint Eucalyptus - Freshly cut
Spearmint Eucalyptus - Freshly cut


Vanilla Fig is a warm, sultry scent.  I must confess that I am in love with it.  This is freshly cut, and has a lot of vanilla in it, so it will darken significantly over the next few weeks.

Vanilla Fig - Freshly cut

3 comments:

  1. They all look beautiful! I especially like the colors of birch forest and I am intrigued with what it smells like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm new in the cold process and have found your website amazing, with plenty of recipes and new gr8 ideias. I'll share it in my blog. And please feel free to visit my online store of Soaps from Brazil at: http://loja.fabricadearomas.com.br

    ReplyDelete