My other project for the week was mastering the rebatch. French milled or rebatch soap is a technique that has alluded me thus far. Part of the problem was that I had not invested in a double boiler, so I made a makeshift one out of a bowl and a sauce pan. It didn't work out too well for me... I ended up with soap that kind of resembled ground beef. My family loved it because it smelled fantastic, but it definitely was not for public consumption.
So armed with my double boiler (which I bought for this and making lotion), I decided I would finally master the rebatch. I used aloe vera liquid in it, so it should be nice and soothing. This is the resulting soap.
I'm pretty happy with my work! This soap seems really light, although each bar is 5 oz. I will be curious to see how much the bars will weigh in a few weeks, after the water has cured out of the soap a bit.
My soap making has slowed considerable since my kids are now home for Summer vacation. We are trying to fill our days with fun activities and occasional outings and play dates. I am already setting up craft shows for the Fall though! Make sure you sign up for my new newsletter to find out when and where you can find me (upper right hand corner)!