Monday, April 23, 2012

Rice Flower and Shea

I'm just posting random soap pictures as I take them this week.  This is Rice Flower and Shea.  I made this soap a while ago, but it was raining here, and I couldn't get a good picture.  It has gone from really cold and rainy to temperatures in the 80s in the last couple of weeks.  My flowers (and weeds) are blooming like crazy, and I am able to take some photos again!


Rice Flower and Shea is a soft, powdery floral. It is a really great one for Spring.  I dropped and shattered an empty fragrance bottle with remainders of this fragrance on my kitchen floor a while back.  We were smelling it for days.  Lucky for us, it is not an overwhelming scent. Could you imagine dropping a full bottle of fragrance like that?  I haven't done that yet (knock on wood), but I can already picture my husband's eyes rolling if/when it does happen.

This soap will be listed in my Etsy shop in a few weeks and will be coming with me to the Berry Fest on Mother's Day weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I've totally dropped a fragrance bottle on the floor before (and they've been full) and you can defintley smell those scents for days afterwards.

    What a totally beautiful bar of soap, I love all the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is only a matter of time before I do it. I dropped a pyrex measuring cup yesterday (luckily empty again). Those things can sure shatter!

      Thank you so much. I can't wait to try this soap. Just for giggles, I didn't let this one gel. I never let my cupcakes gel of course, but I gel my bar soaps because I like bright colors. I may occasionally go non-gel after this. Different, but definitely nice!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete