Friday, September 9, 2011

A couple new soapies

I just listed a couple new soaps in the Etsy shop.  I redesigned the Cherry Almond, adding a little more almond, as the last batch was really, really strong on the cherry.




Turkish Mocha is a scrumptious combination of coffee and chocolate.  I am already getting a lot of hungry customers at the farmer's market who want to eat this one.



I also made a new batch of Meyer Lemon.  My first batch did not last long.  I made the top a little more colorful this time. :)



I have a very busy weekend planned in the soap kitchen.  I am providing mini soap cupcakes for a birthday party next week and have a fairly large wholesale cupcake soap order pending, so I really need to stock up on cupcake soaps.  Yea!!

My daughter is also turning nine at the end of October.  We have a very soapy birthday planned with melt and pour soapmaking for the girls and mini cupcake party favors (Julia wants neon pink frosting with neon yellow and white bottoms and green glitter).  We are also making matching real cupcakes.  I can hardly wait (Why yes!  I do like to plan ahead. Just a bit).  Of course I will take plenty of pictures. :)

What do you have planned this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love your new soapies. I used to make a Turkish Mocha too that I just loved. Did you use mica to get that pretty red in your Cherry Almond? That one is really neat and the Meyer's Lemon one sounds divine.

    I'm at markets all day Saturday and Sunday but have many soaps to make next week.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used Merlot Sparkle Mica (a lot of it) from Bramble Berry. :)

    Good luck with your markets. I will check in on your blog to see some new soap next week! :)

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Cherry Almond is a work of art! Have fun with the birthday -hope all your cupcakes turn out perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous soaps!! I agree - the Cherry Almond is amazing! Of course the other two are also fabulous - great swirls & colors!

    It's a pretty lazy weekend for me - no farmer's market today due to the downtown festival, so I actually slept in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you two! I made the cupcake soaps today. They are very bright (neon)! I will likely post pictures soon.

    Amy, I would say that you definitely deserve a sleep in day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These soaps are so cool!
    New Artisan Group follower!

    ReplyDelete