Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Soap Mold Love

The bottom has already turned a nice, rich
brown.


My dad loves to make things with wood: tables, desks, chests, etc.  So when I mentioned to him that I might want to make a wooden soap mold, my dad graciously volunteered to make one for me. I told him it was no hurry, that I am perfectly happy with my log molds, but I would like to have a wooden slab mold in the future.  So, a couple weeks later, he and my mom gave one to me for my birthday and bought dividers for it and everything!  Like I said before, I have always been happy with my log molds, but with all the awesome soap swirling going around, I wanted to play. Thanks Dad!

This is my first soap with the mold, and I am completely in love.  It was so much fun to have such a large area to work with.  I can see that I will use this mold a lot in the near future. I just didn't know what I was missing!




I have also been working on some new lip balms.  The tubes in the back are the new ones.  I made up some new labels that are a little cleaner looking that the old ones.  I have to take some product pics for the Etsy shop, and then I will be ready to add them.  The new flavors are Acai, Asian Pear, and Creme de Menthe.  I also made some in Butter Creme, Coconut, and Passionfruit Rose.




Cupcake soaps have been quite a hit at the farmer's market I attend each week.  I make some this weekend in Blackberry Sage and Sweet Strawberry to replenish my supply.  I am loving the new glitters I have been using. They add a hint of color along with the sparkle.



A few more pictures of the market this week.




My little helper 

8 comments:

  1. Your new mold is beautiful and I love your new lip balm labels.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! They have a matte finish, but I like to shrink wrap lip balm so it stays fresh and uncontaminated. I have been having so much fun with the mold too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I was checking my email while drinking water, saw this comment, and almost shot some out my nose! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks amazing, great work.. btw adore that purple cupcake, great colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your products are just beautiful! Lots of great colors, and the packaging is very professional! Congrats on your slab mold - it looks professional too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Amy! I can't wait to use the slab mold again! :)

    ReplyDelete