Monday, July 11, 2011

Lotion Bars, Neon Soap, and Freshly Cut for Fall (Yes! Fall!)

Coconut Lemongrass

I was a bit busy this weekend.  I had an order for lotion bars, so I thought it would be the perfect time to add a few to the store and to bring along to the market on Friday.  I made some Coconut Lemongrass, Lavender Herb, Passionfruit Rose, and Spun Sugar (my husband's request ;)).

Spun Sugar

Passionfruit Rose

Newly packaged Lavender Herb

I have been planning and starting to make soap for Fall.  In the extreme heat it is difficult to imagine that Fall is around the corner, yet it will be here before we know it! I made some Berry Wine Soap and some Sparkling Ginger Scrub Soap (with pumice in the bottom layer). These I cut this morning.  Obviously they need to be cleaned up a bit.

Berry Wine

Sparkling Ginger Scrub Soap

I have to give a shout out to Bianca over at Soap is Beautiful, who featured some of my soap in this recent blog post.  Thanks Bianca!  It is always a treat to be featured somewhere in the blogosphere. I really love her blog.

I continue to bring my soap to the Friday Farmer's Bazaar here in Roseville (California).  Traffic has been picking up now that the word is getting out.  I have so much fun talking soap with people passing by or just chatting with people in general.  It is sure hot in our area right now, but I hear it will only get into the upper 80s this Friday.  That will be a nice change.

Next week I will be taking a short break from July 17th-22nd, while we drive down to Los Angeles for my daughter's two year neurology post-op and Disneyland extravaganza.  We are really looking forward to it.  It will be a fun way to celebrate my birthday as well. I will be closing the Etsy shop while we are down there, but I will be checking my messages periodically.

I took some photos of my Neon Dream Soap, which will be listed by the end of the week.  This soap is so much fun (I love color if you couldn't tell ;)).

Neon Dream


4 comments:

  1. Great label design on the lotion bars! You're reminding me that I need to be thinking about my fall line of soaps as well. Yours look fabulous! The neon soap is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. I love those neons! I'm trying to get ahead of the game. When I get back I will be making more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lavender herb sounds divine!

    New follower to your blog from the Let's Talk Bath and Body Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tiffany! Yes, Lavender Herb is definitely a classic. :)

    ReplyDelete