Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yea! Soap for me!

Last week I entered a contest by Soapy Joes and won!  She sent me some very lovely soap and a lip balm.  I feel that making soap is kind of like cooking food.  It's nice to make your own, but it is even nicer when someone else makes it!  Although the contest was last week, I had to wait to open my soapy goodness because we had a nasty flu going around my house.  I didn't want to smell anything.  I am so glad I waited because when I opened up this soap, it smelled divine!  The first soap is called "Greek Isle Soap."  It is such a clean and fresh scent, which I really enjoy.  The second is "Mandarin Myrrh Soap."  If I had to pick a favorite out of the two, this would be it.  The scent is herbal yet very clean smelling with an underlying citrus note.  Love, love, love.  I really cannot wait to try these soaps. The lip balm, "Chocolate Orange Truffle," smells and tastes just as it sounds.  All the yummy chocolate taste with zero calories.  Yum!



A big thank you to Amber from Soapy Joes!

On a different note, I have put up a new listing in my Etsy shop for a pound of soap.  I find that I always have several bars of soap with each batch that are a little under weight, so I decided to create a listing for a "grab bag" of these soaps.  I choose the type of soap, but each one will have 5 different soaps and equal at least 16 oz. (but likely more).  They are all wrapped up and labeled just like my regular soaps.  Find this listing here.

Pound of Soap
I will be making more soap tomorrow.  Pictures to follow.

2 comments:

  1. awww I am so glad you loved your winnings! Mandarin Myrrh is my personal favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete