Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What's New


I feel like I am being a bit redundant by posting here and my Facebook page, but I won't pass up any chance to talk about soap, so here I am.  I have been making a lot of soap lately in anticipation of the markets and craft/art shows of the summer, but I've been having a bit of trouble finding places that are the right fit for my products, that don't require $20 in gas to drive there, etc., so I'm a bit disappointed in the season so far.  I will definitely put out the word when I end up somewhere though.

Over the weekend, I made the "Out to Sea" Soap and Orange Grove.  They both smell incredible.  I so often wish that there was a way to transmit scent over the internet.  Ah, maybe someday...

Out to Sea

Orange Grove

I also took pictures of and listed the Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake Soaps in my Etsy shop.  Again, these smell so delicious.  I think I see an actual lemon cake in my immediate future.  I am partial to anything lemon, and I am so happy to have found a lemon scent that doesn't smell like wood cleaner.  They make me smile.  Since I have been getting more orders for mini cupcakes for wedding and baby showers, I need to come up with some new flavors, so I'll be making more soon.

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake

Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes

I also just received my neon colorant sample pack (and some green and pink glitter!) in my Bramble Berry order this week, so stay tuned for some bright and crazy soap.  I am doing some serious planning for this one. However it turns out, it's going to be fun! :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that out to sea is really, really good. Just like the beach and the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! I have the same challenge, finding the right markets that aren't so far that I eat up any profit on gas... good luck this summer!! xo jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen. I hope you find some too. I am looking at this season as the season of research. Trial and error this year will lead to more success in the next! :)And hopefully gas prices will decline as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color fade on the Out to See is just beautiful! I hope that you love the neons. They're totally one of my favorite things right now, I just can't get over how FUN they are =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the Lemon cupcake. I bet that one will be a hit.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! You can see that it is a technique I am enjoying for sure. I am SO excited to try out the neons! I hope I'll get the chance this weekend. I'm just not sure if I want to use them all together just use a couple. I'll post a picture for you when I decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee Michelle! We must have posted at the same time. Thanks. I love making the cupcakes. It combines my two favorite things, baking and soaping!

    ReplyDelete