Thursday, June 23, 2011

Musical inspiration

I'm not ashamed...I like to dance around while I'm soaping (OK, not during the crucial parts). My kids think that I am a little weird, and I often will hear one or more of them say, "MOM!!" when I get particularly into it (hey, I didn't say I dance well, just that I like to dance ;)). These are a couple bands that I have been in love with lately.

I had the absolute pleasure of seeing The Head and the Heart perform in Las Vegas when I went to see Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.  They blew me away, and I have been hooked ever since.




My other favorite right now is Mumford and Sons. There is nothing about this band I don't like. They are intense, their lyrics are phenomenal, and the instrumentals are unworldly. Heaven...



Music like this inspires my creativity.  It is like food for my brain.  It motivates me.

What have you been listening to lately that inspires you?

5 comments:

  1. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - 40 Day Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I will have to add this one to my list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little girl Annie creeps into everyone's heart! I love the musical "Annie" and have got Annie tickets from GoodSeatTickets.com

    ReplyDelete