Monday, June 20, 2011

Frustrations, New colors, and Photos

I have to start by saying that I am seriously bummed.  Remember the Out to Sea soap that I posted last time? It definitely took a turn for the worse.  I have started spraying my soap with alcohol right after I pour it and while it is setting up to prevent soda ash.  I did it to this soap as well not thinking anything of it, and it made the dead sea salt on top melt right off! I guess I should have thought about this ahead of time. So, I am going to have to do some creative thinking and hopefully come up with an idea that will save the tops of my soap (luckily the soap part is fine).  I haven't come up with anything yet, but I am going to have to let go of my original vision first. :(  I am really sad because I really loved how it turned out.  Well, live and learn!

Bye, bye salt!! :(


In the meantime, I have been working of a couple other soaps.  I just got some neon colorants from Bramble Berry, and I couldn't wait to experiment!  For the first soap, I decided to go all out and use almost all of them.  It was just too hard to resist.  This was a really fun one.  I am thinking of a good name for it.  It has to be something fun.

Neon Soap (No name yet) 


I also made a new gardenia soap. I wanted it to have a bit of interest (I like to do something other than just white), so I held back some soap (I knew this FO was an accelerator) to do a cool design on top.  This was coconut milk soap, I added a little TD to the white so it would be really white, and for some reason it was a little crumbly when I tried to cut it.  I think it might be the TD that caused this, but I'm not sure.  I left part of it to cut later.  Maybe a little more time to set up (fingers crossed)?  It is still fine, just a little rustic on the bottom. Oh well (sigh)...

Gardenia


I am listing these two soaps this week. Rose Petal and Meyer Lemon.  Meyer Lemon has been popular already and I have sold quite a bit already.  I do have to say that this is the best lemon scent I have ever smelled in a bath product.  It is sweet, yet still lemony, without any of that Pledge scent that I like to stay away from. The Rose Petal is such a delicate, fresh rose.  It really is very lovely. I had fun photographing these soaps this week, and I have been having a bit of fun editing my pictures as well.

Meyer Lemon
Rose Petal
Look for these last two soaps in my Etsy shop later in the week. :)

4 comments:

  1. Boy, that Rose Petal is one FINE LOOKIN' SOAP! Just beautifu! :) ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm sorry that the salt on your Out to Sea soap dissolved =( You've sure got some other great ones though! The design on your Gardenia is soooo cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Lesson definitely learned! I haven't given up on it yet. :) I love these neon colorants. The above soap isn't quite as blinding as it appears. It's just the photo, but it is still pretty wild. So much fun though!

    ReplyDelete