Monday, February 14, 2011

Bonsai Goat Milk and Funnel Soap


I tried a new technique of soapmaking a couple weeks back and now I am in LOVE!!  I have been wanting to try funnel soap for some time, but I was a little intimidated and unsure that I would be able to get the effect I was looking for.  I am so glad that I decided to just go for it.  I knew that I wanted this soap to look a little more earthy because the fragrance is called Bonsai, which makes me think of  bonsai trees (of course), bamboo, and the outdoors in general.  When I first take in this scent I immediately think ginger, so I wanted that color in there as well.  I knew that if I used goats milk (which I've also been wanting to do) I would get a tan color without having to actually use a third colorant, so I decided that was the way to go.  I did a lot of research on this method before attempting it.  This tutorial was very helpful and detailed.

This is what the soap looked like in the mold.  It is so pretty.  I found it very difficult to wait the appropriate amount of time before I cut it. So exciting!



I am very please with how this soap turned out.  The awesome thing about this kind of soap is that each cut of the soap is truly unique.  The pattern is determined by where it is located in the mold.  I had a hard time picking my favorite. This is the soap right after cutting it. You can see how the parts that were white in the mold darkened a bit because of the milk.



It has a couple more weeks to cure before it will be available.  Do I see more funnel soap in my future?  Yes, I believe that I do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment