Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tilapia with Tomato and Basil

I posted a few days ago about the basil in my garden.  I love the summer because I get to cook with basil and eventually tomatoes (no tomatoes yet though).  This is a really simple meal that looks like you spent a lot of time preparing it (my favorite kind!).  It is also really healthy, which is also a plus.



Tilapia with Tomato and Basil
5-6 Tilapia filets
1-2 eggs or egg whites
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 c. panko crumbs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves (or more if you like garlic)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/4 c. white wine
2 c. tomatoes cubed
1/4 packed basil + a couple leaves for garnish if you desire
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with foil and then spray with olive oil or Pam. Beat eggs with garlic powder.  Dredge fish in eggs and then panko crumbs and then put on the cookie sheet.  Spray fish lightly with oil.  Cook for about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and crumbs are starting to brown.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are starting to brown slightly and are translucent.  Deglaze with white wine and cook down slightly, about 1 minute.  Add tomatoes and cook until starting to soften.  Add basil and mix thoroughly then remove from heat.  Put cooked fish onto the plate and cover with tomato/basil mixture.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.  Ta da!!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love using Panko Bread Crumbs (they're a secret weapon). This looks absolutely delicious and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's almost like having something fried but it's good for you. I have been making fish and chips for the kids this way, and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried several of your soaps and love them. I'm excited to share them with my friends and looking forward to giving them as gifts

    ReplyDelete