Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introducing Soap Bubbles by Pitter Pattern Designs!!

I have just listed three different bars of soap on Etsy, and I am very excited.  We are calling our soap line Soap Bubbles.  It took me a while to decide which soap to put on the site, to test them, create packaging, and finally to get them photographed, but here they are...


















This is our Oatmeal Lavender.  It is a simple, gentle soap with lavender essential oil and oatmeal.  I like this one because the fragrance is not overwhelming, but still very nice.  The Oatmeal gives this bar of soap its natural tan color. Find this soap here.


















Next is the Chamomile Tea Party soap.  I was really happy with the way this one turned out.  The bottom layer has calendula petals that provide nice, but gentle, exfoliation.  Adding to the exfoliating effect also is the middle layer, which was achieved using annatto seed powder. The color extends up the sides of the bar.  I used the CPOP method when making this particular soap, which just means that I put it in the oven after I made it so it accelerated the curing process.  The chamomile fragrance is really nice.  Find this soap here.


















The last one is our Walk by Moonlight soap.  The slightly more dusky floral scent is really delightful.  This one is my mom's favorite scent.  This one I used some soap chunks colored with alkanet root powder and maddar root powder and I added poppy seeds for exfoliation.  There is some purple mica on top for a light shimmer.  Find this soap here.

Finally, I created some packaging for the new soap with these decorative cigar band type bands.  I am really happy with the end result.


























1 comment:

  1. These look fantastic! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete