Thursday, June 24, 2010

Healthy Summer Treat


It is starting to get HOT!!  When it gets hot around here, one of the first things my girls ask for is ice cream.  Ice cream is yummy but not the healthiest snack.  I have tried a lot of recipes for smoothie pops, but I have found that the easiest thing to use is just plain yogurt, and it tastes good too.  I buy a big tub of yogurt and spoon it into the molds.  After they are frozen, put them under the faucet for a minute and they come right out of the mold.  It is fun to use a couple kinds of yogurt to make them more exciting too.  My kids love them because they taste good, and I love them because they are easy and healthy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a yummy yet healthy treat for the kiddos! I'll bet they would be shocked if they knew it was actually yogurt! Way to go =)

    ReplyDelete